When you don't want to pay the high price of many "high-end" FM processors, yet can't afford anything less than the best for your digital broadcast services, the DSPXtra-FM is your best choice.
No other FM processor, at any price, has both a BW Broadcast six-band look-ahead limiter and an integrated Ariane RMS leveller. The DSPXtra-FM gives you a competitive edge-and builds listenership and revenue-by enabling you to achieve the tailored sound and loudness needed to make your station distinctive.
The DSPXtra-FM harnesses 22 DSPs to keep your station's sound consistently loud and artefact free. In addition to multi-band limiting and the Ariane leveller, the processing core includes parametric and shelf bass enhancement, along with composite clipping with pilot protection.
Dual processing paths make the DSPX-FM effectively two processors in one, feeding both your analogue transmitter and a digital service, such as HD Radio, DAB, DRM or an Internet stream. The FM analogue path has a multi-band distortion-controlled clipper, while the second path, tapped via analogue and AES/EBU digital output connectors, incorporates a bit rate optimized, look-ahead limiter.
BW Broadcast's proven presets, as well as intuitive local and remote interfaces help you get your DSPXtra-FM on air fast. Whether you are a processing novice or expert, you'll easily achieve a signature sound for your station's format. And as you have come to expect from BW Broadcast, the compact DSPXtra-FM is designed for unsurpassed reliability and trouble-free operation in the world's most challenging installations.
Front panel LED audio metering and front panel USB interface aid setup and operation. As with all BW Broadcast FM processors, the DSPXtra-FM has BW Broadcasts' world-class stereo encoder, a real-time clock for preset scheduling, preset A/B switching, graphic LCD display, plus serial and TCP/IP remote control interfaces, and both analogue and AES/EBU digital inputs with configurable silence switching.
The BW Broadcast DSPX Series presents a carefully developed series of processors, with a version designed to exactly meet your needs and budget. For additional processing power and even greater loudness, consider the ultimate broadcast processor, the BW Broadcast DSPXtreme-FM. On a tight budget? Look no further than consider the DSPX-FM and DSPXmini-FM.
Custom processing at off-the-shelf prices, the DSPX Series offers exceptional value in listener-building processing power.
- Dual processing path enabled for HD and digital radio
- 22 24-bit DSP's Provide over 1.2 GIGA-MIPS of Processing Power
- Comprehensive BLUE LED audio metering and screen
- Digital and Analogue IO
- Ariane intelligent RMS leveller
- Multi-Band program dependent Limiting
- Multi-Band look ahead limiting and distortion cancelled clipping
- High performance DSP stereo encoder with composite clipping control
- USB front panel interface
- RS232 back panel interface
- TCP/IP Net interface
- Real time clock for preset scheduling
- Remote trigger port
- Full Range of User Presets with A/B Switching
- Security (password) Control
- Software ‘FLASH’ Upgradable
- ITU BS.412 power limiter
- Pilot protection filter
- Nom. input level -12 to +12dBu
- Max input level +24dBu
- Connectors XLR floating,EMI suppressed
- A/D conversion 24 bit 48 Khz 128x oversampled
Digital input (AES/EBU)
- Sampling rate 32-96 KHz
- Connector XLR floating,EMI suppressed
- Output level 0 to +12dBu
- Connector BNC, floating
- D/A 24 bit 768 KHz
- Stereo seperation >70dB (typ. > 75dB)
- Sca input BNC floating
- Pilot output BNC, 5V
- RS232 DB9
- NET/LAN RJ45 EMI shielded
- Power 85-265 VAC 50-60Hz
- Size 44mm x 482mm x 200mm
- Weight 1.6 Kg