The Sage Digital ENDEC incorporates the legacy and reliability of the original Sage ENDEC along with the latest developments in EAS and CAP.
The Sage Digital ENDEC's network centric design allows logging via network printers and email, control/automation, and NTP access to a time standard via a network or Internet connection. The familiar front panel legacy interface is also supported. The new Sage Digital ENDEC has text to speech capabilities and will be fully compliant with the FEMA specified CAP 1.2 standard.
The ENDEC supports CAP 1.1 now, and Sage will offer a free software upgrade for CAP 1.2 and the IPAWS profile when FEMA and the FCC start the compliance clock.
The Sage Digital ENDEC's design, features, cost efficiency, and performance in serving radio broadcast users was highlighted by its receipt of the Radio World "Cool Stuff" Award, presented at the 2009 NAB Show.
The Sage Digital ENDEC was designed for single or clustered analog and HD radio stations as well as analog and HDTV facilities. The ENDEC has wide support by character generator manufacturers.
In public safety, the Sage Digital ENDEC provides the abilty for local and state officials to directly activate the EAS system.
- 6 audio inputs
- 6 serial ports
- Encoder and Microphone input
- 4x20 LCD display
- Internal speaker and Line Out
- Four contact closures
- Five GPIO inputs
- Web-Based control
- 10/100 Base-T LAN support.
- 2 USB connectors for printers, additional serial ports, future expansion.
- Four new GPIO inputs and one additional contact closure for expanded control.
- AES/EBU Digital Audio Interrupt with active switching.
- 64 MByte onboard storage for log files.
- Optional USB memory stick(s) for up to 8 GB long term storage of alert audio.
- Totally solid state memory storage for reliable operation – no hard drive.
- Web-Based control – all settings and functions can be performed from anywhere on the internet, including initiating or forwarding alerts, and changing configuration.
- Several layers of security are provided, HTTPS/SSL can be used to encrypt all access.
- Software is stored in FLASH and is updatable via the LAN or the USB interface.
- Text and audio logs are available via the web interface page.
- Alert audio for a pending alert to relay can be previewed via the web interface using streamed audio.
- Any of the audio monitor inputs can be streamed to the web interface.
- The Digital ENDEC can trigger the relay of an alert, or the generation of Weekly Test or any other alert, via interface to common station automation programs on the serial port, via the LAN, or its GPIO interfaces.
- Included Text to Speech support locally generates audio based on the expanded text message available with the CAP protocol.
- The ENDEC can optionally send email when important events occur, such as sending and receiving alerts, loss of input on a monitor receiver, etc.
- The ENDEC can send status files to your FTP server for automatic logging.
- Time Synchronized to national standards via NTP protocol.